Vistadome Train Tour
The Vistadome Train. A Deluxe Option.
The Vistadome Train, a deluxe option is a comfortable way to journey to Machu Picchu. Departing from Poroy train station, located approximately 20 minutes outside of Cusco, you’ll enjoy beautiful panoramic windows to make the most of the spectacular scenery and allow for fantastic photo opportunities. Delicious snacks as well as hot and cold refreshments are served on the way (own expense).
DAY TRIP TO MACHU PICCHU FROM CUSCO
Experience an incredible visit to the world-famous Inca city of Machu Picchu, as you explore its ingenious architecture, history and what daily life was like for residents, during this day trip from Cusco. It’s the perfect opportunity for first-time visitors, families and individual travelers to make an in-depth exploration of this amazing archaeological site. Depart from Cusco in the morning, with pickup from your hotel and a transfer from the city center to your train station. Then enjoy a scenic, 2-hour train ride, offering stunning views of the mountainous terrain that makes up the area near Machu Picchu. Arrive in Aguas Calientes, the small village located at the base of this famous Inca site, and board a bus for the short ride to this sacred citadel. Completed around 1450, when the Inca Empire was at the peak of its power and influence, the site was left vacant within 100 years of its creation, thanks to the conquest of the Inca people by the Spanish. Though the site today remains abandoned, many believe Machu Picchu to be a key center of spiritual energy. Follow your guide through the main streets of this marvel of ancient engineering. Learn about the site’s history and design as you meander through its town square, key religious sites, elaborate network of agricultural terraces and intricately-designed stone staircases. After completing your guided tour, you’ll have time to explore on your own, taking some time for photos and to absorb the mystic energy of this one-of-a-kind site. After spending a few hours at the site, you’ll return by bus to the train station in Aguas Calientes and then to your chosen train for the trip back to Cusco.
One day before the tour one of our representatives will visit you at the hotel in Cusco, to give you detailed instructions for your tour Machu Picchu.
- Rate: $495 USD per person.
- Pick Up Time: 6:00am Aprox.
- Departure Time From Cusco: 6:50am approx.
- Arrival in Machu Picchu: 10: 50am. Approx.
- Departure From Machu Picchu: 15:25am – 16:00
- Arrival in Cusco: 20:00. Aprox. Hotel Drop Off.
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu Local English- or Spanish-speaking guide.
- roundtrip transportation on the Luxury Vistadome Train
- Roundtrip train tickets Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to the citadel of Machu
- Machu Picchu Entrance fee.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Would you like to get lunch Lunch at the Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge Restaurant?. This restaurant has prime location at the entrance of Machu Picchu. Add $ 40 to your reservation and live the experience of having lunch at Machu Picchu.
- Regular tour price includes lunch at restaurants in the town of Aguas Calientes.
Note: Some hotels in Cusco are in areas where the access by vehicle is not permitted. Send hotel details in order to arrange your pickup and drop-off in a nearby place if necessary. Please reconfirm a day before your travel date for the exact departure time and duration.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- ALL traveler passport details are needed for the Machu Picchu Day Trip (Full name and Passport ID). Please provide all traveler passport details.
- Please note: travel date amendments are accepted outside of 16 days before scheduled tour date
- Please note: The guided tour lasts around 2.5 hours. After that, you are free to explore Machu Picchu on your own.
- The departure time depends on the train option booked A maximum of 20 people per tour
What to bring: Passport, Comfortable clothes and shoes, hat, sun block, sunglasses, camera, and money for souvenirs.
In order to process your reservation we willl need the following information:
- Credit card number and expiration date. Visa or Master Card Only. This tour must be prepaid.
- Name as it appears on the credit card.
- Names of all passenngers who will take the tour.
- City and country of origin.
- Telephone number (home country or local if known).
- Hotel you will be staying at.
- Passport number